CCSI provides a service specialized for immigrants in the Canton of Fribourg

CCSI will advise, support and accompany you throughout the procedures concerning your residence permit or that of a family member (family reunification, authorization for marriage), with the exception of asylum procedures.

If you do not have a residence permit, CCSI will advise you in obtaining one and will help you enroll in health insurance as well as in securing the applicable subsidy.

We offer legal and social services specialized in :

  • obtaining or the revocation of a residence permit
  • the extension or conversion of a residence permit
  • family reunification
  • obtaining a residence permit for marriage

Excluding asylum procedures. 

Interviews can be conducted in French and German

We ask people who do not have sufficient knowledge of one of these languages to come with a translator.

When ?

Without an appointment, every 1st and 3rd Wednesday, 14.00 – 1600.

The consultation costs CHF 20.-  and is entirely confidential.

In case a file is opened on your behalf, there will be additional fees. Please don’t be discouraged! Solutions can definitely be found that account for your financial situation.

Download our brochures with all the useful information in your favorite language.

We help people without a residence permit enroll in a health insurance policy and obtain a subsidy for the payment of premiums.

When ?

During our office hours.

This service is free and confidential. It is offered in French and Albanian.

Download our brochures with all the useful information in your favorite language.

Without a residence permit, do not take unnecessary risks!

Some situations are particularly sensitive and may result in removal from Switzerland. This is especially true for nationals of non-member countries (outside the European Union).

If you do not have a residence permit, we recommend you consult with our lawyers before taking any action with the authorities, particularly in the following case :

You would like to get married in Switzerland

Marital proceedings in Switzerland are subject to specific conditions. A review of your personal situation before filing a marriage application gives you a greater chance to accomplish your plans for a family.

You would like to work in Switzerland

If you plan to apply for a work permit, it is essential to know the prerequisites. This is particularly true for nationals of non-member states (outside the European Union).

If you do not have a residence permit, remember to collect evidence of your stay along with your social and professional integration.

Download a list of sample documents to collect and keep.

CCSI cannot help you if you live in another canton and do not wish to start proceedings in the Canton of Fribourg.

Download a  list of information hotlines in other cantons.

Even if you do reside in the canton of Fribourg, CCSI cannot help you with questions about the following :

Download a  list of other organisations in Fribourg.

Download all informations about our work and office in your favorite language:











Download a small presentation of our organization (french and german)